Tuesday, March 25, 2014

The Ideal Job (or at least what I think the ideal job would be)

I am well aware that when you hear the words "the ideal job," depending on who you are, you may think "Oh, the ideal job would be something that pays well enough to keep my head afloat and keep food on the table," or "The ideal job is something that doesn't totally suck and totally make me feel miserable, pathetic, and useless," or "The ideal job is something where I can work at my own pace and do my own thing," or "The ideal job is one where I can truly make a difference in someone's life by doing it," or whatever else have we.  Some of the things I just listed are definitely factors in what I would consider to be the "ideal" job.  Some of the things I just listed don't really matter all that much to me, on the other hand.  Either way, even though, yes, some of them indeed do line up perfectly with my definition of "the ideal job," but not a single one of them by themselves (or all of the things I just listed put together) are my complete definition of the ideal job.

My complete definition of the ideal job (or at least as much of it that I can put into words for others to be able to understand) is as follows:

The ideal job wouldn't be more stressful than it is rewarding.  The ideal job would be something that I enjoy as well as something that actually helps me to better myself and my life.  The ideal job is something that others can benefit from and not just something that I benefit from.  The ideal job is something that I can utilize my skills and incorporate my interests into.  The ideal job is something that doesn't rob anything from other people and gives to them instead.  The ideal job is something that takes care of Mother Earth (or in the very least doesn't farther destroy her).  The ideal job is something that I would be able to do when I felt like doing it, or something that I wouldn't have to do if I had other things going.  Something that I could work around my other plans, work around MY schedule, rather than a job that I have to work my schedule around!  The ideal job is something where I can be creating something valuable and useful, without simultaneously destroying anything else.  This pretty much sums up my definition of the "ideal job."  Your definition of the "ideal job" might differ entirely from mine, and that's perfectly ok!

Out of curiosity, what are some of your ideas of what the ideal job would be?  What is your dream job?  (Feel free to leave a comment in the comments section if you would like)

Well, I answered the question "what is the ideal job" using my own opinions and view point, but can I truly answer the question "what is your dream job?"  I don't know and I don't think so!  There are so many things that I would like to be doing with myself and with my time.  I just have so many ideas and dreams that I couldn't simply pick ONE "dream job!"

So... I might not be able to make up my mind on what my sole "dream" job may be, despite being able to make a very clear description of what I think an "ideal" job may be, but I can leave you off with some of my interests.

I like animals, art, nature, helping other people, music, poetry, crafting things, DIY, and writing.  What do you think would be a great career for me based off of my desires and interests?






-Bridgette Mae








No comments:

Post a Comment