Sunday, December 1, 2013

An Alternative to Standard Burial

These aren't the only biodegradable urns in existence, but unlike other biodegradable urns these ones will actually turn you into a tree after you die.  How cool is that?!  I, personally, think it is way super awesome!  After I die I would love to be buried in one of these, love to be put back into Mother Nature's arms, love to make a come back as a beautiful tree helping others around me to breathe and live!

There are these ones, simply called the "Bios Urn": http://www.urnabios.com/
And then there are these ones.  They are called "The Spirit Tree": http://www.thespiritree.com/

They are each roughly around $100-230.  So, for the price of one of these awesome biodegradable, tree-making urns plus the cost of cremation, you are looking at maybe $1000 total, as compared to a regular funeral, which can cost you upwards of $5000 or even $50000.  Not to mention the fact that a standard burial of a dead human being doesn't cause more beautiful, lively, oxygen-cleansing trees to sprout up!

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with a standard burial or a standard cremation urn.  Most the people I know that have passed on were either buried the "standard" way or placed in a regular, non-biodegradable urn that the loved ones kept as a memorial token.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with this.  I just think that the biodegradable urns are pretty cool (especially the ones that produce a tree), they cost less than a lot of other memorial urns and a lot less than a regular funeral, and if I have a say in the matter I'd like to be buried in one after I die!


-Bridgette Mae <3 






No comments:

Post a Comment